Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Diamond Chains Quiltalong Progress

Today Melinda is wrapping up the Diamond Chains quiltalong.  Here's the link so that you could do one too. http://tildastwistedlife.blogspot.com/   Here's where my quilt stands.  2/3 of it is quilted.  I have the binding cut and ready to go.  I decided to "go for it" and give FMQ a whirl on the entire quilt!  Bold move, kinda... this quilt will only be used on our bed and I have to learn FMQ somewhere.  I used Leah Day's hearts and swirls pattern from this week.  Here's a pic:





It is quilted from this end up to the needle.  So it is about 2/3 done.  The border is not quilted yet either.  Binding is ready to go.  This is a California King sized quilt.
Tilda's Twisted Life

Thank you so much, Melinda for making this a fun quiltalong!!!  I'm looking forward to the next one whenever.  No rush for me.  I'm still plugging away at the quilting on this one. 

2 comments:

The Thompsons said...

I love the quilting- it looks great so far!

Melinda said...

I think you're doing a jam-up job on the quilting girl! It's looking great!