Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday 10/19/11

I finished and mailed the Block Swap Adventure block to my partner in Canda.  I'll post pics of it when I know that she has received it.  I don't want to spoil the surprise.

One of my favorite quilt blocks of all time is Drunkard's Path.  I have made several attempts to do a Drunkard's path quilt, with no success.  The curved pieces were too tricky for me.  After successfully completing the September Block Lotto curved rail blocks I decided to try again.  YES!  Success!  Here's a picture of my first Drunkard's path block that passed my quality control:



All pieces are cut and ready for chain piecing.  There's something very relaxing about chain piecing!  I will make a lazy boy recliner chair cover with this (I think.)

This week I am working hard on one main project -- the Diamond Chains quiltalong.  Here's the link so that you could do one too. http://tildastwistedlife.blogspot.com/.  I used one of Leah Day's FMQ patterns from this week.  It's called hearts and swirls.   It is 2/3 quilted now.  I am experimenting with FMQ and have committed to doing the whole quilt in FMQ -- you gotta learn somewhere.




New Projects:  1 - Drunkard's Path QA

Completed Projects --  1 and 2/3...
    October Block Swap Adventure block
FMQ'd 2/3 of the Diamond Chains QA California King

Currently in Progress:  7
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need to make this week's block)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need to comlete two rows of the same design)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need 6 more random blocks)
Crumb Along with Jo's Country Junction (still making crumbs)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong
Block Lotto -- Still need to make 9 of 9 sampler blocks



Quilt Tops to be quilted:  6
Duo Quiltalong table topper (waiting on quilting instructions)
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Oh Susannah! Mystery Quiltalong - California King
Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
X's and O's baby quilt
Diamond Chains QA (FMQ 2/3 done!)


Projects on Hold: 6
Flower Basket Quilt
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show
Charity Quilt for our local quilt guild (2 cut)
I am still a little behind on the Rockin' Robin (2.5 rows)
May Block Lotto Pineapple Blocks to be put together
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

*********************************************************************************
Check out the cute paper-pieced pattern giveaway at Lily Quilts!
Giveaway ends 10/26.

**********************************************************************************

3 comments:

Carla said...

Hey Kathy! I'm in the same QA :o) It was my first time with the pattern and it was easier than I thought. Your FMQ looks really good. With practice you'll be a pro.

Linda said...

Congratulations on the successful Drunkard's Path block! It's so rewarding to finally "get it" when you have tried and tried. to do something. Good job!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your chain quilt is lovely..nice job on the quilting