Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday 10/26/11

Here's the Block Swap Adventure block that I sent to Janet in Carcross, Yukon Territory, Canada.  She likes scrappy blocks alternating light and dark colors.


I didn't really like the way the original block came out because it only measured 12".  It needs to be 12.5".  I added the border.  I didn't think that was fair to send  her this block because of the border, so I sent this block as the bonus block and then sent her a "real" 12.5" block made from the scraps in my Diamond Chains QA quilt.

This is Block #10 from the October Uber-fest.  The tute is at

Block were mailed on Thursday, 10/13/11.  Hopefully Janet has already received them and this post won't spoil the surprise.

New Projects:  1 - Two stockings for Stockings for Kids Campaign at Purple Panda Quilts Stockings for kids
Help a kid that needs a stocking and link up and you could win a cool prize.  Here's where I am on that...all cut out and ready to sew:


I made one block for the October Block Lotto so far.  I have had guesses for bear, koala, and dog... it's an owl...


 As for the Drunkard's Path QA I finished three more sub blocks so that I could make one block.  Since I'm new to curves, it's taking a while, but I am happy with my progress and learning "curves".


I didn't work any on my Diamond Chains QA this week.  I only have 1/3 of it to quilt and should have two good quilting days next week where I can spread it out on the kitchen table and finish--hopefully.  Fingers crossed that will be my main  post for WIP Wednesday next week.

I also completed my We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler block this week which featured paper peicing:
Here's my Crazy Quilt block for the same quiltalong.  I really like the little owl!



New Project - 1 (Stockings for Kids Campaign (2))

Completed Projects --  4
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (2 blocks)
Drunkard's Path QA (1 complete block)
Block Lotto (1 block)

Currently in Progress:  7
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler currently caught up
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need to comlete two rows of the same design)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need 6 more random blocks)
Crumb Along with Jo's Country Junction (still making crumbs)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong
Block Lotto -- Still need to make 8 of 9 sampler blocks



Quilt Tops to be quilted:  6
Duo Quiltalong table topper (waiting on quilting instructions)
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Oh Susannah! Mystery Quiltalong - California King
Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
X's and O's baby quilt
Diamond Chains QA (FMQ 2/3 done!)


Projects on Hold: 6
Flower Basket Quilt
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show
Charity Quilt for our local quilt guild (2 cut)
I am still a little behind on the Rockin' Robin (2.5 rows)
May Block Lotto Pineapple Blocks to be put together
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


********************************************************************************

No comments: