Sunday, October 31, 2021

House Day

 I'm happy that I kept up with my goal to make one house per week for my Cabins by the Lake quilt.  Here is house #3.  This is a pattern from Fons & Porter.  I still need to go to the scrap bins in the other house and grab some greens/tans/browns for the "grass" of this block.


We are not huge Halloween fans here.  We ordinarily don't decorate for it except for some pumpkins and  goards and such.  Owen went to his first middle school dance. Due to all the Covid stuff, this is the first school event he was able to attend.  So we left him pick a costume and go independently.  I was quite nervous, but he did great!  It was fun to look at the photos he took on his phone while there.  He was able to reconnect with friends even though he is a remote learner.  He is waaaay more social that my husband and I are.  This is his version of a creepy hazmat guy.


I didn't get a good photo of the contestants at bowling in their costumes.  He is the tall one with the green hair.  He was a mad scientist at bowling.  He didn't want to be a creepy hazmat guy anymore because that costume was way too hot.



2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Owen choose a great costume for the school party, looks like he wasn't breathing in any germs. We don't do anything with Halloween either, I don't even decorate with pumpkins but I do make a pumpkin coffeecake. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

I am glad he had a good time at the dance. I don't even know when trick or treat happened around my place. Saturday was rainy and cold if it was then. I did here noise that sounded like one of my neighbors was having a party, but otherwise it was quiet around here all weekend. I never got out my ceramic pumpkin so no decorating for Halloween at my house.