Wednesday, October 27, 2021

WIP Wednesday 10.27.21

I'm excited of what was sewn this week.  I'm excited that I added borders to my Pumpkins & The Beanstalk quilt (pattern by Fig Tree & Co.). The paisley with striped border is out of my comfort zone, but I think it worked great for this project.  This now makes this quilt a more useable size for our family.


Oh the sun came out for just a bit!  Here's a photo of Pumpkins & The Beanstalk in the sun:


I finished the quilting (and unquieting) and then the quilting again on my Veggie Patch quilt (design by Katie Mae Quilts).  It is my One Main Goal (OMG) challenge quilt to finish this month.  I have selected a red binding.  Hopefully I will have time this afternoon to make the binding and attach it.  I still have time to finish it by the end of the month!


I came out of the store with the groceries to this...  He was having a blast waving to people like he does.      He always cracks me up.  He even has a cheesy smile with food in his mouth.  We accidentally took our costume to bowling on Saturday, 10/23.  The costume bowl isn't until 10/30.


Below is the costume that he chose to wear at Buddy Up Tennis on Sunday.  The green part of the mask lights up.  I have no idea what character this is.  He just loves costumes.  His Aunt Jo loves to buy costumes at garage sales.  I know part of it is a Batman cape.


Tomorrow night will be his first ever middle school dance/party.  It's a costume party.  He did great at church camp for three days.  I'm hoping he can have a lot of fun for two hours.  He found a similar costume at the Halloween costume store for $40.  Aunt Jo got this mask for $1 at a garage sale a few years ago.  I bought him a useable rain suit for $7.99.  I'm going to let him dribble red/brown paint on the rain suit to make it look more bloody.  I'll probably give him a bloody rag as well.



I cleaned up my cutting table area and made more rail fence blocks.  170 of 900 now complete.


 I met my goal of one Cabins by the Lake (Fons & Porter pattern) block.

I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.

I now stand at 49 projects on my WIP list.  

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.   GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Stay Centered started February, 2021
14.  Rail Fence Blocks 170/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15.  Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019   
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
10.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
3.  CM's Draperies Quilt

7 comments:

Marly said...

Oh, Kathy, what a list! Good luck! Little by little, one step at a time ... and you'll get there!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Owen seems to have fun dressing up. I confess that Halloween is no longer a favorite holdiay for me. I love pumpkins and leaves, but the rest has me squirming. Great progress on the quilts. Love the pumpkin quilt.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your pumpkin quilt is really beautiful!!! Glad to see your son is enjoying the season.

patty a. said...

That border looks great on the pumpkin quilt. Sounds like Owen has a great time dressing up. I am sure he will have a good time at the dance.

Amanda said...

That list is so impressive! I really love your Veggie Patch quilt. I bought some fruits and veggies fabric at a quilt show several years ago and I've never figured out how best to use them. I will keep this quilt in mind!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice border choice, Kathy, and congrats on advancing the Veggie Patch quilt! What can I say? This is the right time of year for a costume-loving kid! :o))

Susan said...

The border works great as it doesn't compete with your piecing, which is very cute!