Monday, July 5, 2021

On The Frame

I made progress on my Owl's Well That Ends Well quilt.  I found a batting for it and put it on the frame.  I have started the quilting.  


I am using my Circle Lord giant template board called Clam Shells.  I think it is giving it a nice texture.


I re-sized the blocks and made them smaller to make the pattern more compatible with my Accuquilt dies.  The original pattern is by Judy Gauthier in her book, Quilts for Scrap Lovers.  I also changed positions of some of the wings to mix it up. 

I hope you are staying cool and enjoying the observed 4th of July holiday.


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good to see you quilting away! I have been indoors after watering the flowers this morning as it is too hot for me. I am working on a design for a grandson's bed quilt as he just moved up from his crib to a twin. I wonder how your garden is doing.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like the clam shell quilting, your son will be thrilled to have his quilt finished. Happy stitching!

Teresa said...

Cute quilt and the quilting pattern looks perfect. I am going to have to try that on my next quilt top in line for quilting.