Saturday, July 3, 2021

July OMG and RSC21 -- Owl's Well That Ends Well Progress

I am setting the bar low again this month.  I did not finish this quilt last month...or the month before that.   My OMG for July is to finish the quilt, Owl's Well That Ends Well.  This is also one of my RSC projects that I worked on last when it was a blue month--hence the blue border.  I made these owls during different months of the RSC.  I'm linking up to the RSC21 here at Angela's blog, SoScrappy.

The top is done.  A pieced back in blue scraps has been made.  The back of the quilt is even loaded onto my longer frame.  I need to find a piece of batting the right size for it.  It needs to be quilted, trimmed, and bound.  I re-sized the blocks and made them smaller to make the pattern more compatible with my Accuquilt dies.  The original pattern is by Judy Gauthier in her book, Quilts for Scrap Lovers.  I also changed positions of some of the wings to mix it up.  

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the July goal setting party.

grab button for SoScrappy

10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a cute one! It will be fun to see it finished - you can do it, Kathy!

Sara said...

Oh my - those owls are so cute! I can just picture some little one falling in love with that quilt.

Ivani said...

So cute! Looking forward for seeing this one finished, Kathy.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on finishing up this cute RSC quilt, Kathy!!

Jenny said...

Your owl quilt is lovely. Are you keeping this one or giving it to someone special?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This quilt is awesome and just love looking at the personality of each owl. Happy quilting.

Mari said...

The owls are adorable. Hard to believe it was all scraps!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those owls are adorable and the top is awesome! I love how you changed up the pattern!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is fantastic! Love all the different owls... fabric placements make each one look unique!

Anonymous said...

hermes
off white jordan
Golden Goose
bape
curry 6 shoes
off white
bape hoodie
air jordan
supreme
kyrie shoes