I finished the longarm work on this quilt and returned it to my friend yesterday. She was happy. She gave me another family quilt to longarm. It has embroidered names and birthdays in Christmas colors. I didn't have time for a photo. I hope to get that on the frame after the Spider quilt. I did add it to my never-shortening list of WIPS.
I longarm quilted it using my Circle Lord giant template board called Ribbles. I'm not a huge fan of this design, but she gave me a high loft polyester batting and it just needed a bigger design.
It made a nice design on the back. The backing again was a gently used polyester flat sheet.
I loaded my #Spidersewalong quilt onto the longarm frame and started quilting lines for the spider web. I'm not so sure if I'm going to continue with the spider web quilting. I'm not a fan at this point. I saw another participant in the sewalong used straight line vertical quilting and it was really cute.
I need to think about it some more.
I posted about my garden progress here and here. I think the baby eggplants are adorable. They should be ready to pick by this time next week or sooner.
My broody hen, Blondie, is still sitting on her clutch of eggs! It could get exciting this weekend!
I'm not caught up with the group on the Linen & Threads SAL, but I'm still stitching.
I made a back for this vintage looking quilt. I've had it in my posession for quite some time. It's time to move it along. I'm probably not going to get to stitching to too many dark blue scraps for the RSC.
I currently have 60 on-going projects on my list. They are separated into stages.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern from
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. Go Four It! Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender, June 2017
7. Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Jelly Roll Rug
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14. Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15. Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
21. Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24. Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28. Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015
29. Maroon Sampler Quilt
30. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32. 2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
33. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
34. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks That I Won
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
7. Fortune Teller (RSC14)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
12. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
13. Bonnie Hunter Garden Party (started 3.18.17)
14. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4. Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Charolette's Christmas Color family Quilt
3. #SpiderSewalong quilt from Instagram (on the frame)
I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers. Check out all of the fun projects!