Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Closer to the Finish & More Garden Pics

I got my friend’s quilt all the way to the last row.  It should be done and returned to her this week.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1x9Qpf0etHr3fKFr6v6vwcgIjAUCsTlvg

I also took a few more photos of the fun stuff in my garden. It seems I spend so much time there these days. 

Below you can see that the acorn squash is seriously utilizing an old repurposed swimming pool ladder. There is also an ornamental purple bean stalk growing up the ladder. I got the bean seeds from the friend that owns the quilt on the frame in this post. The bean should grow to the top of the ladder. I wasn’t expecting my acorn squash to do this well when I planted it. There are only two plants here!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ifQ_FTxoB-QJmnWC-U9I4ase8CA_6Jda
Below you can see one of the tomato plants utilizing the repurposed tv tower that I cut up with the torch when Owen was in pre-school. I can’t believe that was about 8 or 9 years ago. These tomato cages should last a very long time. They are not perfect or uniform because I cut them so that the cross supports could be utilized, but boy do they do the job paired with a few fabric scrap strings.  You can see the difference in height compared to the ones behind it in the next row. This plant has a lot of blossoms coming. I planted my tomatoes in Mid May. They are a little behind my friends’ harvests. I like to wait so that I don’t have to worry about this frosts that we sometimes have in May. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12n06ouvCWfJaOtbkm_dt4tDQXnkV_Lj4

Below is a young zucchini plant. Hopefully it continues to thrive and will produce zucchini in a week or two. I’m excited to try seasoned zucchini chips in the food dehydrator this summer. I put my hand in there for a size comparison. Blossoms are down in there. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eT3ws4okvrPHEGoxDWdm18aNThrNnbtR

And yes, you can tell by my fingers that they are somewhat swollen.  The heat and humidity does a number on my hands and feet.  I have been watering and watering my garden almost every day.  Sometimes it's twice a day.  You can see how dry the ground is around this plant.  My garden is on a slight slope.  But look at all these tender leaves.  Hopefully the rabbit doesn't notice them.  Shhhh.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You have a lot of crazy growing going on there. Can't wait to see the quilt finished. I make a lot of zucchini noodles with a small hand spiralizer. They stay together better than thin slices and make great meals. I have to get brave enough to use a mandolin slicer so I can make long zucchini slices.

patty a. said...

Good for you that you almost have that quilt done. You got it done pretty quick! Do you sucker your tomato plants? Your poor hands and feet! It seems like we cannot water enough. There was a little bit of rain that came down at my place this morning which I wasn't expecting. It is raining now where I live, but the forecast is for sunny this afternoon so I should probably go and give everything a bit more to drink. I don't think I will get much from the other squash plants I planted. I don't think there is enough organic material in the soil to help hold moisture or give any nutrients. I may throw down some fertilizer while I am watering. My poor plants need some serious help.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'd say you have QUITE the green thumb, Kathy!!

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

#STAYSAFE