Sunday, July 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finally had time to do some stitching during an oil change. I was so happy to have my sew-to-go bag with me. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=14iRtXN_5hiY7rbb8mKWSi_9FVD_PS1r-

I'm working on my Linen & Threads Mystery SAL.  I am still working on the clue from March when school closed.  It will be an easy project to take with me if/when school starts back up.

The oil change was so different...  There were folding tables between me and the counter guy so that we were 6 feet apart.  He sanitized my truck and put covers over the steering wheel and seat.  There was no free coffee or snacks.  The popcorn machine was gone.  I didn't have the courtesy driver take me three miles away and walk back (to get my steps in).   There were only six chairs in the waiting area.  I'm glad I got one with a desk to set my things.  The good part was that I wasn't there very long.  It took less than an hour this time.  He only tried to push two extra services on me...  That's a first!   At the end I asked him if I was supposed to throw my credit card to him so that he could catch it at the counter.  They weren't set up for Apple Pay yet.  I got out of there and went on my way.

I'm linking up with some stitchers that I have missed dearly over the past few months at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's been interesting to see how different businesses are handling the sanitizing and distancing, and I really appreciate all the effort people are going to. So glad you got a chance to do some stitching while waiting!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great you got your oil change and stitching in!

Gretchen Weaver said...

So nice you got to do some stitching. Schools will be opening in my area August 12 or 13. I don't know how school will work this year. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

I always try and take something to keep my hands busy too when going for service. I had to drive to Hudson Saturday to get another spool of pink quilting thread for the DWR quilt. They didn't have any at the Akron Fairlawn store and driving to Hudson was quicker than the North Canton area. I was surprised how many people were in the store. There was still room to social distance and everyone had a mask on. As much as I wanted to look around I didn't. I got the thread, another disappearing ink marking pen, and got the heck out of there. I didn't have to wait in line very long either - that's a first!