Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Midweek Makers



I'm still in the quilt-making mode!  Another week in which a lot was made.


Today I finished making the two wreath blocks for June for the 2016 Quilt Doodles BOM.


 
 
Earlier this week I finished the three stocking blocks.


And here are all of the 2016 Quilt Doodles BOM thus far.  Two more rows (hats and Santas) and some sashing/cornerstones to go!





I pattern tested this adorable GO! Qube (by Accuquilt) pattern for Bea who blogs at Beaquilter.  The adorable quilt is called Flowing in the Breeze.  It measures 40" x 48".   I finished quilting it and made the binding.  It should be done soon -- I need to get to the library to get a good dvd...


I selected my fabrics for the Star Light, Star Dark QAL.  I'm working with all pinks to make a baby quilt.  I'm linking up at Jessica's blog, Quilty Habit, here.


I've been working in my gardens:



Here are my 8 flying geese for the instructions this week for the Summer Solstice QA at Happy Quilting.  I'm linking up with Melissa Cory's blog, HappyQuilting.




I longarm quilted the 2017 Spring Tea Raffle Quilt for my local quilt guild.  Circle Lord Swirl quilting to the rescue.  It's my go-to longarm template.



I cleaned and rearranged my colored scraps in my quilting (longarm) area.  I still need to sort those neutrals.  I'm so happy the colored scraps are done!


I did a lot of work in the chicken yard.  Since we have six fox on our property, I make sure the fenced in area of the chicken yard has plenty of food, water, and boredom busters.  This week I let two brood hens have some eggs.  We'll see how long they sit on them.  (Usually they get up right after I mark it on the calendar and post about it...)  Chicks are due to hatch 8/1 and 8/3... don't hold your breath.



Wow!  It was a big week.  Linking up at QuiltFabrication  here.




grab button for Quiltfabrication

2 comments:

Susan said...

The Quilt Doodles quilt is looking fantastic! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers
Susan

Julianne said...

Ahhhh crap! I only made two stockings! UGH!!!!