Friday, July 29, 2016

16-Patch On and Off Friday Finish

This little 16-Patch quilt was my OMG for July.  It FLEW on and off the quilt frame.  I decided to throw caution like the wind and speed longarm it like my friend, Julianne, of Quilting with Calicos.  Julianne will text me to let me know she longarmed SIX quilts in one day... Holy cow!

Anywho... This little quilt was on and off the frame in 58 minutes.  I used no rulers, no templates, no nothing... but speed stippling.  It turned out great.



It is done!  Interesting how the colors of the greens, blues, and browns match those in our Ohio yard right now.  We've had very little rain this year, hence the brown grass.  I like the way the blocks are placed at random.  Not all are in the light/dark setting when it comes to where the block landed.


This finish was one of my Q3 Finish-A-Long goals that I posted about here on 7/8/16.
Goal 4 of 18 complete.




It's time to link up for OMG (One Monthly Goal) at Red Letter Quilts. You can see the finishes linky party here.
 
I'm linking up with Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop!
 
I'm linking up with Michelle at Michelle's Romantic Tangle for Let's Make Baby Quilts.
 
I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hand Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.
 
 
 
 
 
Confessions of a Fabric AddictFinished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
 
 
 

9 comments:

Julianne said...

Whoot Whoot! Get R done girlfriend! Love it, perfect little guy quilt!

Sandra Walker said...

Super dry here too, on the north shore of Lake Erie, although yay, we got a good downpour today. Sometimes stippling (even speed stippling) is just like watching goldfish, very meditative, right? Great finish!

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice colors

Dasha said...

Good on you for getting your goals ticked off. Now, do you feel like coming over and finishing off some of mine?? Tee hee hee.

Bonnie said...

This looks terrific. Yep, that stippling does look fantastic. Sometimes a fast finish is the best finish.

St. Anne's Sewdality said...

What a sweet quilt, and so nicely quilted. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Congratulations on your finish! I saw your link on Finish or Not Friday. That isn't this post, I'm thinking, but I'll scroll back and find that one, too.

Needled Mom said...

That looks awesome.

Heidi said...

58 minutes and it looks great!

6 quilts in a day? Whoa Nelly!