Friday, May 8, 2015

Spangled Stars QA -- Step 1 Complete

 


I didn't sleep well last night.  This time it wasn't insomnia.  It was just the fact that I had some blocks to sew.  I got all of step one done for the Spangled Stars QA @ Quiltfabrication.  Susan's instructions for the blocks are great.  There are a lot of options and plenty of step-by-step tutorial photos.  Thanks, Susan for inviting us to quilt along with you.

School is almost out for the year.  I'll have to have piecing projects handy.  I couldn't resist this one.  My colors are controlled scrappy.  Instead of red I'm using maroons.  Instead of white I am using scrappy tone on tone creams.  I'm using a mix of dark and cornflower blues for the blues. 

I LOVE how my "reds" look!  This block is called the uneven 9-patch.  I started out just making enough blocks for a twin-sized quilt.  After I saw the reds going together with the creams I just cut more and now I'm working on at least the queen size.  Here's my step one blocks:

 
 
grab button for quiltfabrication.blogspot.com
I'm linking up with Susan here.


 

1 comment:

Kevin the Quilter said...

I wish there were enough time in a day for me to participate in all events such as these. I will have to live vicariously through you for this one!