I finished my Star Light Star Bright QA (at Happy Quilting) table topper. It's mostly linen fabrics.
I finished a Picadilly Circle block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 (RSC14). Love it!
I started a new project from SCRAPS. These 2.5" wide pieces were ends of pieces of my Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt that seems to never end. I am sewing these pieces together like a jelly roll quilt. I need to get the top finished quickly so that I can test out my new Ribbles template that is coming next week. Can't wait to show you the quilting on that one.
Actually -- I finished this quilt top AND made a simple back. I got a new Circlelord Ribbles template board yesterday because I need to expand my longarm options for customers and the guild. I hope to quilt this thing TODAY -- WHOHOO! This will be my Hands2Help 2014 Challenge Quilt for Happy Chemo. Click on the link to sign up now -- prizes galore!!! What a great cause!
I finished the longarming part of our LQG Spring Tea quilt. Here's the quilt top:
I quilted it in swirls as requested.
I made one block for the Block Lotto this week. The other three are cut and just need some sewin'. I have a couple more ready to sew.
I also made this block, but didn't realize that the chain part was the wrong color. (It was supposed to be light.) Oh well... that's one for the dud pile.
I found a couple of quilt alongs that I am probably going to start in the upcoming month:
Isn't this quilt super fun? It will be perfect for my son.
This one (Notions) starts TODAY!!! Notions -- Connecting Threads Staff Blog.
This is supposed to be a six fabric quilt. I could raid my stash. If I make it, it won't be scrappy.
I also plan to start a pattern by Beaquilter. I am a pattern tester -- WHOHOO!
New Projects This Week
1. Longarming the Spring Tea Quilt for the LQG
2. Jelly Roll quilt from Scrappy Trip scraps
3. Notions Mystery Quilt (need to select fabrics)
4. Beaquilter -- Pattern Tester project (need to select fabrics)
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Herringbone OSU quilt
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery (Still working on chevrons; others done).
8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA
13. Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM
14. Notions Mystery QA
15. Beaquilter -- Pattern Tester Project
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt (started working on this again 2/14)
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6. Tall Fly
7. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
8. Jelly Roll Quit from Scrappy Trip scraps
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
Ready to longarm
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. Jelly Roll Race Charity Quilt
Quilted, needs binding
1. 2nd Split Decision baby quilt (trimmed, needs binding)
2. Happy Quilting Star Surround QA
Completed this week:
1. LQG Spring Tea quilt (longarming)
2. Star Light Star Bright QA from Happy Quilting
My WIP count has been bumped up to 40. My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. Highlighted items in the Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn section above are done for the month. These are 2014 BOM projects. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!