Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday 7.11.12

A lot got done this week (for summer that is).  Here's what's happening

All the Tetris blocks are cut and ready!  I just decided to join this QA yesterday.  But with a sleepless night and my Accuquilt GO! Baby, the blocks are ready for Tetrus Tuesday.  My color choices are:

Red
Yellow  Burgandy
Orange   Brown
Green
Blue (dark)
Purple Blue (light)
Pink
White Cream

I'm not sure what color I will use for the "void" spot yet... probably black.



I worked on my first "rag" project.  I made a bag that a co-worker showed me how to make:


It's okay.  It will probably end up being a gift bag for somebody since I'm not really a bag person.

I'm making progress on my tumbler charm quilt.  Here's five rows already.  I also got a lot of tumblers cut while cutting out my Tetris QA blocks!  Getting more and more attached to this quilt.


Completed Projects -- 3
Cut out Tetris Blocks (Step 1 complete)
Started and completed the rag quilt bag
Tumbler Quilt now has five rows completed
New Projects - 2
Tetris QA
Rag Bag
Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 7

Cafe Mocha (In the Bag Ugly Fabric quilt challenge
Tumbler Charm Quilt
New York Beauty QA (need a ton of pinwheels... only 8 beauties completed)
Tetris QA
Dutchman's Puzzle (finally purchased border 5/14/12.)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need six very pretty blocks to be caught up!)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong (still piecing sub assemblies)
Modern Mini Round Robin (waiting on next partner)

Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4
Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
Kaleidoscope QA
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Chasing Chevrons (back made and ready finally)
Quilt guild swap quilt
Projects on Hold: 5
Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

GIVEAWAY!!!

Check out Connie's blog to win EIGHT fat quarters of beautiful batiks -- and check out her projects!

7 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great project Kathy, and thanks for the shout out!!

Mike Pearson said...

I really like the tumblers. They grew on me instantly :)

Melissa said...

Your tumblers look great. Very scrappy. I need to get mine cut out soon for a sew along that's already finished. Ha! Very behind.

CapitolaQuilter said...

Fun Tetris QAL and Love the tumblers. You are so good at keeping track - something I need to get better at. Happy Quilting.

Marsha Cooper said...

Tetris quilt a long sounds great.
I hope one day to get myself in order enough to take part in one of the QA's.
I just joined the sampler at the local quilt shop. Just one block each month for 20 months.

JLVerde said...

Love the rag bag. I've always been a huge fan of fuzzy unfinished edges.

Anonymous said...

Lots going on in your life. That's a great looking bag! The Tetris quilt sounds interesting. That was always a favorite game of mine. Especially the Russian version - the original.