Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 1 Mystery Quilt Along Block with Bluepatch Quilter

Today I completed the first block for the Mystery Quilt Along with Bluepatch Quilter.  I know, I know.  I needed another project like I need a hole in my head, but the yardage required for this quilt just seemed to go perfect with two of the fabrics that I found that were my grandma's.  Grandma has been gone for over thirty years.  She loved to quilt.  I will think of her as I work on this quilt and when I see the finished quilt.  I did splurge and buy my first Moda fabric at a real quilt shop.  I only needed a little over a yard, so this purchase was justified.  It just didn't look right with my $1/yd. stuff.  And I owe it to my grandma to do something nice with her fabrics.  Hopefully she will be sending happy quilting vibes to be as she looks down on me from heaven.

Here's a pic of the Week 1 block.  It measures a huge 18.5"


That bottom corner looks pretty shabby.  I didn't square it up yet...  This photo really doesn't do the block much justice.  The colors are much bolder than the photo shows.  If I wait until the sun comes out to take the pictures who knows when that will be???

Have a great weekend!

bluepatchquilter

No comments: