Thursday, May 12, 2011

Baby Quilt - the Awesome Quilt Along with Jamie of Sunflower Seeds

I made it outside this morning to get a quick picture of a baby quilt that I started yesterday -- yes, YESTERDAY!  Jamie Mueller of Sunlower Seeds did a cute jelly roll quilt pattern.  Great job, Jamie.  I left one row off of the bottom and it measures 48" x 50" right now.  I will not be adding a border.  The binding is pink, yellow, and green solids.  The back will be pieced.

I was a little worried that I was starting the QA a little late, but I made my own jelly roll and jumped in.  I didn't even buy anything!!!  These are all fabrics that were small pieces of my stash and some of the $1/yd items from last week's shopping trip at JoAnn Fabrics. 

I will do a pieced back.  I am also thinking of doing some 3D butterflies, flowers, a dragonfly, and a ladybug for this top.  I have the scraps sitting on my desk.  I know the 3D flowers on the Double Irish Chain baby quilt seemed to be a big hit with my family.  I have a little more time to think about this quilt top.  My friend's baby isn't due until the end of August. 

3 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Very cute!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How adorable!! Thanks for the link - I have a jelly roll just waiting for something like this!

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining the QA...your quilt looks great!!!