Saturday, May 31, 2014

Scrap Saturday 5.31.14

It's the last week for the green for this Scrap Saturday.  Of course I started a new scrappy project when I saw there was going to be a Bonnie Hunter quilt on the cover of Quiltmaker Magazine!  Anything goes for these scraps.  Where else can you use Christmas cats, Christmas ribbons and bows, cheerleaders, Lady Liberty, sailboats, dolls and more?  Yes, a Bonnie Hunter quilt!

Here are some of my green units:


Here's a sample block that I made.  The quilt is called Wanderlust by Bonnie Hunter.  The block pictured below has two green units (Christmas cats and Cheerleaders).


I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrapy: ScrapHappy blog.
Soscrppy

11 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Very cute blocks!

Kate said...

Fun blocks. It is hard to resist a Bonnie Hunter project. She posted this week that she's already got her next Mystery Quilt worked out for next November.

Karen said...

Awesome. I have got to pick up the magazine and get the pattern.

Marly said...

I'm glad you got rid of the Christmas Cats, and in may too! It's a fun block I agree, are you going to make the whole quilt?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I can't wait till my next edition of quiltmaker comes. What a great block! I love watching Quilt cam and love Bonnie's attitude about quilting. I love the wanderlust block with all those scraps.

Deb A said...

So fun! I do love Bonnie's patterns.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great way to combine all of your favourite scraps. Bonnie Hunter always comes up with some fun projects.

Cathy said...

Fun fabrics, fun block!

scraphappy said...

There is no better way to use up scraps than a Bonnie Hunter quilt. Great start!

Sheila said...

I love Bonnie Hunter's scrappy patterns. You have a good start here : )

Pattilou said...

You have a great scrappy start!