Friday, May 23, 2014

Chasing Chevrons -- Blogger's Quilt Festival

I am entering my Chasing Chevrons quilt in the Modern quilt category at the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side. 

Here's my Chasing Chevrons QA quilt.  Thank you, Jennifer, from That girl... that quilt...  blog for sharing your pattern and hosting this quilt along!  This QA started sometime in November, 2011.  I finished the quilt top on time with the QA, but never finished the quilt because I was afraid to quilt it.  I now have the confidence to do an all over stippling pattern on a big quilt!  Whohoo!  I love freehand stippling!  It measures a nice 71" x 71".  I have to admit that this was not really one of my favorite quilts, but now that it is quilted I love it.  Quilting really made this quilt!  I finished it 4/19/13
 
In the photo the blue-background chevrons in the center get lost.  They don't seem as lost in real life.  The blocks were all cut with my Accuquilt GO! Baby dies.  That's how I got the smooth finish of the chevrons vs. a bunch of HST.
 
 
Here's the simple back.
 
 
 
Spring '14 Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

4 comments:

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Dropping by from BQF, I love that the negative space is blue - such a change from white, very refreshing - I know you said there's blue background chevrons in there but either way, it looks great :D

Julianne said...

This is still my favorite quilts of yours! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

Julianne said...

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

CitricSugar said...

Very fresh and fun!