Friday, May 23, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival -- Frosty & Friends

I am entering my Frosty & Friends Quilt in the SMALL quilt category at the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.  This quilt finished 12/13/13.  It is 27" x 35".  This quilt was a Christmas gift for my son's kindergarten teacher.



This is a pattern by Debbie Mumm.  It is in a book from 1992 called Quick Country Quilting.   You can also find a FREE pattern on Debbie Mumm's site FREE here.

I backed it with a simple holiday fabric from JoAnn Fabrics and added a hanging sleeve. Here's the back:



My son loves the Elf on the Shelf story.  You can see that I had a little help from our Elf on the Shelf, Chippy.
 


I longarm quilted it quickly with my go-to pattern, Circle Lord Swirls.  I was hoping that the swirls weren't too big for the snowmen.  I just looks like a really windy day and gives the quilt motion. 

AmysCreativeSide.com

1 comment:

The Thompsons said...

l love this pattern - it's adorable! I'm sure she love it!