Friday, February 14, 2014

Pinkest Friday Finish -- 2.14.14

Happy Valentine's Day.  I worked on my most Valentine's-like quilt this month to get it finally finished.  This quilt pattern was from Yahoo Groups Spring Mystery, 2012.  I even had the quilt top done before that because I was a pattern tester.  The hold-up on this quilt was that I was really new to longarming and I was having a lot of fun with a new template.  Well, the top looked great, but I never looked at the bottom.  There were tons of eyelashes.  This took 16 hours to rip out and I did it over time through different road trips and vacations.  Well, I decided on quilting this with swirls instead of Hearts of Flutter (which I tore out.)  The results were awesome:
 
Quilted with Circle Lord Swirls, of course.



The same polka dot fabric for the back was used for the binding.  I don't think you can go wrong with polka dots!

 
I met my February goal a little earlier than normal.  I'm happy to link up with Fiber of All Sorts.
 
A Lovely Year of Finishes
 
 
I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for:
 
Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
 
I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of this color combination but I love it! Beautiful quilt!

PugMom said...

What happy colors! It looks great!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Beautiful quilt and the curvy quilting really complements it. I totally agree about polka dots!!!

Jasmine said...

Absolutely beautiful! Worth all the unpicking. Great job.

Michele said...

Congrats on a great finish!

Sandy Panagos said...

That is a great quilt! Well worth the struggles you went through to finish it!

hafza said...

It is a beautiful finishes...lovely colors! Visiting from A Stitch in Time party:)

Elizabeth said...

Wow! I love those pretty colors! That is a great quilt and congrats on your patience and persistence in getting it to a finish! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E