Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday 2.26.14

It's been another icy, winter-weather week.  That means I got a lot done!  Check it out:

I finished two Picadilly Circle blocks with the help of the RSC14 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge '14).


I was busy longarming.  I turned in FOUR longarmed quilts to our local quilt guild (LQG).





I am going to finish this WIP that was someone else's that was mixed in with some of the scraps that I bought at a garage sale a couple of summers ago.  I quilted it on my Husqvarna sewing machine.



I have my sights on the Triangle QA that starts March 21.  Time to start another project with all these finishes!  Fabric needs to be pulled from my stash.

TriangleButton800

I got eight more blocks done on my Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt.  This makes four rows.



I loaded my Star Surround quilt on the frame and finished longarming it.



I loaded my 2nd Split Decision quilt on the frame an it won't be long until that one is done.  But this leaves me with just one quilt in the "to be longarmed" box.  I better get piecing!



Finishing up all these projects and getting close to ending a couple more, I started in on the Star Light Star Bright QA at Happy Quilting.  This will be a mini quilt that will be a table topper.  This is just the center.



New Projects This Week
Someone else's WIP -- House Wall Hanging
2.  Star Light Star Bright QA

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery (Still working on chevrons; others done).
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM (February done)
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA (January blocks done) 
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block complete)
12.  Mod Mod QA (need to work on February blocks)
13.  Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM (January block complete)
14.  Star Light Star Bright QA
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt (started working on this again 2/14)
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2 

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6.  Tall Fly
7.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  2nd Split Decision baby quilt (on the frame)

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Sue's Purple String Quilt for LQG
3.  Happy Quilting Star Surround QA
3.  Someone else's WIP -- House Wall Hanging (quilted on regular sewing machine.)

Completed this week:
1.  Alphabet Panel #1 for LQG
2.  LQG 1" scrappy squares (hoping for a Friday finish)
3.  Alphabet Panel #2 for LQG
4.  Sue's Solids String Quilt for LQG

WIP count this week moved from a very organized 41 to 39.  (I finished four, but started two... that's still progress in my book.)   My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19.  Highlighted items in the Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn section above are done for the month.  These are 2014 BOM projects.
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Paula said...

Busy busy busy! Love that black triangle / rainbow quilt! Looking forward to 'seeing' you at the quilt-along!

Colby said...

Wow. Someone is pushing the pedal to the metal! That string triangle quilt is gorgeous, I love the look of the brights next to the black. Nice job!

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Holy Toledo! I am following you for sure because I totally need this GET R' DONE inspiration! Awesome job - great quilting! You said you quilted one of the quilts on a Husqvarna - can I ask which one? I have DDD and usually quilt on my Juki - just cannot figure out tension on the DDD - any help would be appreciated!

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

WOW. I am both envious and intimidated by that list!