Sunday, January 8, 2023

Project Quilting Challenge 1 -- The First One 14.1

 This morning found me slow stitching this one orange circle onto a little table topper for our son.


The one orange circle in this position will help him know that if he puts his water bottle on that spot, I can easily deliver all his other food to his "office" when we eat in the living room.  LOL.  

I'm participating in the first Project Quilting Challenge called The First One 14.1.  at Persimon Dreams.  The one appliqued circle is my interpretation of ONE.  


For the quilting on the table topper I listened to the design on the fabric and followed the diamonds and stitched along the lines.  This is my first finish for 2023.

I'm also linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching



13 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the fabric! Makes a great table topper.

Ivani said...

It is a bright and happy table topper! Nice first finish, Kathy!
Happy Stitching!!

CathieJ said...

That is a great idea! I really like that table topper. It is great to have a finish so early in the new year.

Astrid said...

That's a pretty finish. Cute cats!

scraphappy said...

The quilting is perfect on your table topper. The fabric knew just what would work.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great table topper, I love the fabric!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Fun idea and wonderful colors in the fabric- a true winner!

Kim said...

Such a fun table topper exploding with bright and happy colour. What a great idea to place the circle in that spot.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Building the coaster into the table topper is a great idea!

patty a. said...

It is always good to have that first finish for the year under your belt! The idea of where to place the water bottle is so funny and smart!

Miaismine said...

Love your story about the orange circle! That sounds like a great idea for the placemats I’ll be making. Love your fabric choices!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great new placemat for Owen! I bet it will work like a charm, Kathy. Perfect color choice for that circle, too!

PersimonDreams said...

The water bottle "spot" is my favorite! love it!