Saturday, December 24, 2022

RSC22 -- Black Blocks

I'm starting a new RSC quilt!  It is called Scarborough Fair.  The block and quilt is very simple.  The way the blocks are arranged give it an optical illusion of wiggly blocks (to me).  Here are the black blocks for the quilt: 


This block measures 8.5" (8" finished).  The finished quilt will measure roughly 58" x 74".  I will continue making blocks of other colors for the RSC23.

I think this would have made a great Block Lotto block as long as it didn't interfere with any copyright laws.  It would be a simple block for a group of people to make in fun color schemes.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

Hopefully next week I will have a list of my RSC finishes for 2022.  I can't wait to see your parade as well.  Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Scarborough Fair looks like a neat design! It will be fun to see how it develops as you add more colors. Merry Christmas, Kathy!

karenbbsnow said...

Great block for RSC. Looking forward to seeing it come together. Merry Christmas.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Congratulations on getting a jump on your 2023 RSC quilt. Should be a winner.

Sara said...

Wow! Black and white is so eye catching! This will be a stunner! Merry Christmas!