Thursday, August 13, 2015

Scrap Dance QA -- Step 6

It's been a super fun summer.  Tonight is open house at the school.  That means that school is back in session next week.  Hopefully I'll have tons of fun quilts to show you soon. 

I now have FIFTEEN CUSTOMER quilts that need to get to the longarm.  The customers all know my busy summer schedule with our son, so they are patiently waiting the return of their quilts.  Some of them are 22+ year old WIPS!

The 15 customer quilts do not include all of the quilt tops that I have been piecing this summer.  Can't wait to show you those as well.

Luckily this month for the Scrap Dance Quilt Along I only had to make two blocks for the table topper!  Woot woot!  This fit right into my schedule.  This is the last clue of this fun, mystery quilt along.  Can't wait until the big reveal on September 9th.  You can follow along with this QA at My Carolina Home.  Carole Carter does a great job of keeping you in stitches!  I'm still guessing how this will be put together.  You can see all the fun color combinations in our Flickr group here.

Here's my two blocks for August:


Notice that it is a lazy picture because I just set it on my desk calendar.  I think there is something written in almost every day..  Also notice that it is setting on the directions page for the Americana Row QA (row 3) instructions.  I need to get that done by the end of the month for the DOD Mystery Row Along.

The squares that I am using are 3" (2.5" finished) instead of the 2.5" in the pattern.  I am making a table topper.  All of my fabrics are blue with cream backgrounds.  Glad the reminder for this QA was written on my calendar...  I had these 3" squares cut from clue one.  They were sitting beside my sewing machine.  I almost used them for something else last week.  Whew!  Now they are in the right quilt!

Can't wait for 9/9 for the big reveal!

No comments: