Saturday, July 12, 2014

Scrap Saturday 7.12.14

Of course since I finished a quilt this week, I allowed myself to start another.  This time I am starting a mini.  For the RSC14 blocks, I played with some red scraps.

 
I couldn't stop there.  I had to make the cute little 9-patches!  The bottom two are extras made from the scraps.  I just didn't want to let the little squares go to waste.
 

 
 
This cute little quilt is called Market Day Sew-Along (Heartspun Quilts).   It's part of the Pocket Patchwork Sew Along.   There's a lot of cute things posted at Heartspun Quilts blog.  I think it may be a source for a future sew along for me.  You can find the directions for this sew along at the Flikr page for the group.
 
Then I couldn't stop.  I was addicted to the little blocks.  Here's what happened at the end of the day.
 
 
...and then I just kept going...
 
 
 
Now I'm excited for August 1st, when the next mystery sew along starts:
 
 
Speaking of red and white...  Here a quilt I finished for my niece this week.  She's a big Ohio State (OSU) fan.  You can read the blog post here.
 
 
 
I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrapy: ScrapHappy blog.
 
Soscrppy

12 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great quilt for your niece!

Your littles are also very cool ...

Dasha said...

Great sewing you've done. Should think your niece will love that quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love your mini quilt! How big is it?

Kat Scribner said...

Your little medallion 9-patch quilt is just gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your Market Day... so pretty in green and red! It's a darker version of mine in light green and pink. Wasn't it fun to sew?!?

Nell's Quilts said...

Talk about stamina! You're like the little energizer bunny that keeps on going and going! What a great little quilt or two.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks. I think it's 29" square or close to it.

Kathy S. said...

Yes, it was a lot of fun the sew. The little blocks were just so cute. Your light green and pink is a cute combo too!

Karen said...

Very pretty red blocks. The 9 patches are going to be an awesome quilt.

Marly said...

You've done so much. I love the quilt for your niece; it's such a great design and your introduction of a few gray blocks makes it so dynamic. I love your Christmas season quilt too.

LA Paylor said...

wowie started and finished. You are good! LeeAnna Paylor lapaylor.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Cool quilt for your niece. Love your Christmas quilt and red blocks. You have been busy : )