Monday, April 15, 2013

Scrappy Trip Test

I can't hold back much longer.  Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip Around the World (instructions found here) has gone viral on Flickr.  Today I came across another tutorial on Stephanie's blog  VENUS de HILO.  This is the most beautiful layout I have ever seen!  Check it out!!!  It's just a little different than the standard diamonds and diagonals.  Thanks, Stephanie for jogging my quilt math brain to figure out how to do it with 2" strips.

My block measures 9.25" unfinished.  I didn't have as many 2" strips as I originally thought.  I might just save them for something else and go with the original 2.5" strips.  This will be a future project, but here's my test "trip" to add to my orphan block quilt.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You will love this quilt! I am trying not to do another :)