Tuesday, May 19, 2020

What's Happening Lately?

Here's some of the pics from my camera roll of what has been happening this week:

The chickens are laying eggs like crazy (knock on wood).  These are the eggs I get each morning when I let the chickens out for the day.  I collect a few later in the day also for a total of about 15 a day.  Neighbors and friends call me and I set eggs out on the porch for them to safely pick up.  I also deliver them free to as a surprise to friends at random.


I made it to a local store and purchased only one flat of veggies this year.  The plants were small, but the variety was awesome and I got all the plants I wanted this year.


I started moving perennials into the chicken yard this year.  There are yucca, lilies, day lilies, hostas, ornamental grass, iris plants, and a few other things.  We shall see if they get ate.  This was all I could move until the big rain came.  I'll move more items when it isn't as wet.  The upside down milk crates are where extra garden seeds were planted.  The chickens and ducks will LOVE eating the green plants when it is time.  So far they haven't been rooting in the real garden!  Woohoo!


Here's a picture of the "real" garden.  None of the seeded items planted last week have popped up yet.  Hopefully next week at this time we shall see some progress.  I still have two rows I can plant yet.  I'm not sure if I will plant corn or not. 


My husband got my old Moto4 (the blue one) running.  I bought it used in 1994.  I can't keep up with our little speed demon.  He sure is having a lot of fun.  Mud doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.  Noise isn't a problem anymore either.  Not much sewing has been happening, but many happy memories are being made.


2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous eggs, plants with much potential, and one happy kid!! :o))

patty a. said...

How many chickens do yo have? They sure have a nice big, safe place to wander! My seedlings aren't doing so good. I transplanted them into individual pots last night. The trays they were in didn't drain very good and they were soaking wet. I think I will stick an extra seed in each pot and see if those sprout so I have a back up. That has to be a fun time with Owen!