Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Cleaning Out the Flowerbed Again & Club Med

I made a lot of progress on cleaning out the flowerbed again.  This is what it looked like at the end of
last summer.


This is how it looked at the end of March, 2020.



Here it is after Memorial Day weekend, 2020.


I still have some fine-tuning of pulling the weeds.  I need to keep in mind where some of the perennials are growing so if I keep up with it next year I'll know which ones to split earlier in the Spring.



And yes, SOMEONE is still stacking things in front of the flowerbed making it hard for me to get in there where the rocks aren't steep.  I got a little tired and sore by the time I reached the east end.  Can't wait until those peony plants bloom!


I'll be able to enjoy viewing the flowerbed from Club Med our little pool.  We decided to stay with the same pool again this year.  It's kinda small for us and the water only comes up to Owen's waist or so now.  It will be a great place to cool off and splash. 

Even though it was in the mid 80's on Memorial Day, 2020, the water coming in from the hose is BRRRRR cold!  We call this our Polar Bear Club photo.    I get elected to press down the glued seam once the water is this high.

My husband reinforced the seams with a vinyl sealant.  He says he was the first into the pool.


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You will be glad for the pool in the coming days, I am sure. Looks like your weeding is paying off. You will enjoy all those flowers.

The Joyful Quilter said...

The garden looks amazing, Kathy (as do you and Owen on your Polar Bear Run!!) Here's hoping hubby's fix keeps you two in Club Med for the summer. Eventually, you'll be back to work and can save your pennies for a BIG pool next year!

patty a. said...

Your flowerbed is coming along nicely! I am trying hard this year to keep up with the weeding as it can get out of hand quickly as you know. I watered the cora bell bed last night and noticed a few weeds popping up that I will have to get after. Overall that bed looks good and the Lenten roses that are interspersed between the cora bells seem very happy too.