Tuesday, May 5, 2020

More Masks

This week was interrupted with mask making.  Here's the progress this week for some masks.

I am getting feedback from mask wearers that they prefer the t-shirt halter type ties vs. elastic.  My son will still be wearing elastic.  He can tie his shoes, but I don't want to go through the frustration of having him tie something behind his head yet.



This is my favorite mask pattern that I have tested so far.  I got the pattern from the YouTube video from Caroline at She Can Sew..  You can read step-by-step instructions here -- The Olson Mask.  There are even several size options.

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Kathy, I did find the Olson mask from your past post and have made some for family members. I had previously made the pleated ones which are faster, but these fit better when you have to wear them for a while. I do use the tshirt ties halter style. Thank you for posting the Olson because of the fit. I don't like making them, but my family and neighbors now have enough. I would rather quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute masks!! Interesting feedback. Thanks for sharing!