Sunday, May 24, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Kinda


I don't have any "hand" work to show from this week, but I did make it all the way to the top of this sew-to-go bag quilt on the longarm this week.


This quilt has cities names hand embroidered throughout the quilt.  I remember sitting and stitching some of them while I subbed in science class.  I remember the student that taught me how to use Snap Chat that day.  I wonder where she is.  I think about the teacher that I filled in for the day.  Her life has drastically changed since then.  Memories are sewn into our quilts.

Linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that you have been able to take your stitching bag to school when you sub! That would definitely attach particular moments to your quilts. I was a 5th grade teacher for many years before I retired - now I wish I had made some kind of quilt with groups of students!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Almost done?! Go, Kathy, go!!!

Deb A said...

You are doing a great job on your quilt. Love the memories the quilts bring back as we are quilting them.

Sarah said...

You are absolutely right memories are sewn into our quilts.

Kim said...

It seems your quilt has many memories of your classes whirling around it. That is the thing about quilts; each one of them remind us of so many things. Keep stitching. The progress you are making is great.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's so true that quilts and fabrics hold memories for us. it's what makes our regular lives so interesting. And now every day is pretty much the same, so not as many interesting memories going on... except masks!