Monday, May 22, 2017

2017 H2H Final Linky Party

It's time to see the parade of beautiful quilts that were made for the 2017 H2H Charity Quilt Drive this year.  It was a record year.  I'm linking up for the big party here..

This quilt has been received by Emily from Em's Scrap bag for Happy Chemo.  I'm joining the H2H linky party.  Can't wait to see the parade of quilt progress.

My Heart Skips a Beat quilt is complete!  This is my 2017 contribution for the H2H Charity Quilt drive.  I don't usually name my quilts.  But this one is called "My Heart Skips a Beat".  I call it that because I won these blocks from Linda who blogs at Art In Search..  Linda puts together beautiful comfort quilts.  These "Hearts Galore" were blocks given to Linda.  She put them up for adoption.  The orphan block adoption was hosted by Cynthia's blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  This quilt was mailed to Happy Chemo as an H2H quilt.  Emily from Em's Scrap bag will be distributing the quilts.  H2H stands for Hands to Help.  It's a comfort quilt charity drive that is driven by Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Look at all the LOVE that has gone into this quilt already.



It measures 61" x 93".  I quilted it with one of my new to me pantographs.  I recently purchased a whole box of them on APQS.  It was great practice for me and it turned out quite cute (if I don't say so myself.)

The back is super scrappy.  This month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC17) at Angela's blog, SoScrappy,  we are focusing on using multi-colored fabrics that don't really fit into a color family.  I thought that would be a great place for some bright, fun fabrics.  There are bright pinks, fishing lures, hearts, flowers, picnic foods, plaids, ducks in the garden, buttons, and some scrappy bow tie blocks.  They worked perfectly for the back of the quilt.


Here in the plaid fabric you can see some of the 10" Feathered Paisley pantograph quilting.  The design is by Anne Bright at www.annebright.com

 
Some fun multi-colored fabrics were used.

 
Somehow all this scrappy goodness works for this quilt.  I love it when it all comes together.  The binding is a multi-colored fabric as well.  I love a striped binding.  Remember to check out ALL the gorgeous quilts donated to the H2H charities this year here.
 
 
Linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice.

Susan said...

I still like it. =) You were smart to finish ahead of time. I'm getting down to the wire!

Sarah Craig said...

wonderful quilt, Kathy, and the perfect name! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017!

Sharon Tucker said...

Love those hearts! perfect for making someone smile :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just can't believe what you did with the hearts. It gives me goosebumps. How can I say thank you?