Sunday, May 7, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Homestead Harvest Flimsy

This week I put all the HSTs around my center of Homestead Harvest.  When I first started this project I was so new to needle turn applique.  I didn't even think I would complete it.  I'm so glad I packed a to-go bag to take with me for times when I'm waiting on things...  I LOVE what I have learned.  I'm still contemplating the quilting of it.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to hand quilt it.


Thanks to the group that links each Sunday at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I am motivated by their beautiful projects.  Click by and check out all the other GORGEOUS projects at today's linky party here.
 


I started this project in December, 2016.  The pattern is called Homestead Harvest.  Below is a picture of the quilt I am making.  I am learning applique.  The pattern is from the book Simple Appeal, 14 Patchwork and Applique Projects for Everyday Living by Kim Diehl.
 

14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is beautiful, you can be so proud of yourself. Are you going to start another applique project?

Jill said...

Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching motivates me also. You are coming just fine.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on finishing the top of your quilt, it's a real beauty!

Ivani said...

It is a beauty! Very well done. Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

SandraC said...

Beautiful!...and I think a lot of us are inspired on Slow Sundays!

CathieJ said...

Your quilt is beautiful. It rivals the original for sure. I too find that having a place to share what I am stitching, keeps me motivated.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looking great! I need to figure out a hand project for this year.

Chantal said...

Excellent job, Kathy! Yes, you should hand quilt it. It's not that hard. Just pick up a needle, hehehe! ;^)

Deb said...

WOW you applique is beautiful, I am inspired by your work to try my hand at it soon.

Created by Kathi said...

I love YOUR applique quilt.. can't wait to see you quilting it too.. thanks for sharing over at Kathy's so I can see it! :) Kathi

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! Well done! Thanks for sharing the finished top with us!

Deb A said...

Congratulations! Your top is just beautiful and you did a wonderful job. Was the quilt in the book machine quilted? I know she sometimes has hers done that way and might give you some ideas on how to finish yours.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great top you got finished.

Susan said...

A beautiful finish! Congratulations.