Sunday, May 14, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Embroidery: A New Frontier

Happy Mother's Day!
 
 
I'm starting a new adventure with my Slow Sunday Stitching.   As you can see the block needs some embroidery for the kite strings and flower stems.  I'm ready to tackle it.  (I also need to make one more kite girl!)

 
 
I made these Kite Girl blocks during the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) in 2014. It is an old WIP or UFO (Work in Progress or Unfinished Object.)  The block is made from 2" squares.  The block pattern can be found at Q is for Quilter blog. 
 
So I have put the patchwork blocks into my to-go bag (#sewtogo on Instagram) and started to learn to chain stitch.  Here's some of my stem progress this week:
 
 
It's all a learning process.  You can click the photos to see it larger.

 
Whoops!  I wondered why my floss kept getting short so fast.  I thought I was stitching fast. 

 
 
Thanks to the group that links each Sunday at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I am motivated by their beautiful projects.  Click by and check out all the other GORGEOUS projects at today's linky party here. 

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You love challenging yourself, don't you? Have fun stitching!

CathieJ said...

I really hate when you find a big mess of floss on the back side. You know there is a whole lot of frogging to be had. Those kite girls are adorable. That is an interesting pattern. Enjoy your stitching.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun project! That is so frustrating when that thread thing happens...grrr! Hope today's stitching will be tangle free... enjoy!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Needled Mom said...

Those will be really cute.

Deb A said...

Your chain stitches look so much better than my attempts. I think I need lessons! Great job on tackling the next UFO as a hand work/take with you project. I too have that tangle issue... so frustrating.

Robin said...

ARGH! I get so frustrated when my embroidery thread knots up the back. It's all worth it though. (sometimes I don't take tangles out - who is going to see it through the batting?)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love your lime GREEN girl!! This is going to be SUCH a cute quilt.

Susan said...

As many years as I've been embroidering, I STILL do that with the thread when I'm not paying attention sometimes! Those are really cute blocks.