Monday, October 12, 2015

Baby Ducks

image 1

Here's a picture of my baby ducks when they were one day old.  They hatched 8/30/15.  They have adapted so well since I brought them home.  They play in their tiny water basin.  The LOVE to eat their bird seed in the water (where the chickens can't figure out how to get it in the bottom of the water.)  In this photo they are yellow.  When they mature they will be white with black spots like their mother.  I have a pair (male and female.)  The breed is Ancona.  I purchased them 9/14/15.

2 comments:

Gina said...

THey are so cute. I have a pair of wild ducks visit regularly. They eat the bird seed I put down for them and swim in the pond. They don't nest here though

Julianne said...

Oh my, they are so cute! The mother is beautiful, love the black and white feathers! How fun!!