Thursday, October 29, 2015

Grand Illusion Update!

I finished my Grand Illusion quilt top this morning around 5:20am.  There's no way I'm going outside in the dark, in the sleeting rain to get a photo.  Here it is on my living room floor.


For some reason my borders were one block short on each side.  Could my seam allowance be off that much?  I just threw the extra blocks that I had as sub assemblies in almost at the end of each row.  My corners don't have the perfect little star point frames like the original pattern, but it works for me.  This quilt is soooooo scrappy!  I can't even tell where the blocks are sometimes while sitting on the couch.  That's okay.  It's a beautiful pattern, Bonnie Hunter! 

I have a feeling that Bonnie is waiting until Halloween to announce her spooky 2015 Mystery.  Will it be in purple, green, black and orange?  We'll have to wait and see.  Paint cards will be flying off the shelves at our local hardware stores!  I can't wait!!!  The anticipation is building!  I've been sorting my scraps by colors!!!  Will there be strings?  What will the difficulty level be???  Oh My!

All I know is that I'm excited that this quilt has made it to the flimsy stage! I haven't decided how I will quilt it yet.

This was a FREE mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville in 2014.  You can now purchase the digital download from Bonnie's online store here.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You did a great job on it. I'm looking forward to the big reveal too.

Julianne said...

OOOOOOHHHH girlfriend, shakin my booty shakin my booty...happy dance, got er done!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Jasmine said...

Congratulations! That is a lot of pieces in one amazing quilt top.

Andee said...

Love it! Cannot wait for the first info...think it comes out Nov. 1st when Bonnie leaves for Peru!

Michele said...

You did a fantastic job. I love all the color in it.