Tuesday, October 20, 2015

OSU Quilt #2 Finished!

Whew.  It was close and I thought I was going to have to pull and all nighter, but OSU quilt #2 is also finished for a customer.  This is a 20-year old WIP for her.  She made the quilt top.  I quilted it and did the binding. 

This is my 4th FINISH this week!!!  Woot! Woot!  The quilt on the left is this finish. 

 
The quilt back on the left (below) shows off the quilting much better.  It has Warm & Natural batting.  The quilt on the right has fleece batting.  It's soft, but just not as fun when it comes to the quilting.  I'm not sure if it will be nice and warm or not.  I'm assuming it will wash okay.  This customer uses fleece on a regular basis for the batting.

 
Nothing exciting shows on the back:  It is really soft though, vs. stiff before washing.  But once the Warm & Natural is washed it gets softer and softer with each wash.



This quilt is a little different because she gave me fleece to use as the batting.  This is a first for me.  It's nice and soft and all, but it really doesn't show off the quilting.  I quilted it with Circle Lord's Jesters template.



I'm linking up this FOURTH finish THIS WEEK with Richard and Tanya for Link-A-Finish Friday.  Check out all the other fine finishes!
 
LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It is interesting to see the difference that the batting makes. You did a nice job on both of them.