Monday, January 6, 2014

Celtic Solstice Big Reveal

Bonnie Hunter revealed the Celtic Solstice quilt on New Years at midnight.  Whohoo.  I can now see how my color choices work together.  I'm happy!

To finish the quilt we first assembled our four patches and our neutral triangle units to make Block A: 54-40 or Fight! 
For the SMALL quilt, Make 24 blocks.
For the LARGE quilt, Make 60 blocks.
Press  seams AWAY from the star points units and toward the 4 patch units.  Keep all of your oranges in the 4-patches going the same direction!
 

Then we need to make Block B:  Birthday Girl Block from 100 blocks Vol 2!


For the Small Quilt, Make 25 blocks
For the Large Quilt, Make 61 blocks
Press seams toward the chevron units and away from the split triangle corner units.
 
Here's my first nine blocks together.
 


Even though the clue was released early, I didn't get much done.  Busy, busy weekend!  I'm still linking up on Bonnie's blog.  See all the others' progress here.

 

5 comments:

imquilternity said...

It's gorgeous! I love your colors.

MalinisQuilts said...

Beautiful colors!

Julianne said...

Oh Kathy, its gorgeous!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love your color scheme! It's going to be gorgeous.

Michele said...

It is going to turn out gorgeous!