I finished my 2013 BOM quilt at Quilt Doodle Designs and participated in the blog hop.
I completed the Flight crib quilt that I started with scraps just from last week.
I completed this small panel quilt for our LQG. Another quilt longarmed with Circle Lord Swirls.
This is my THIRD finish in the past week. I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY (the linky is still open!)
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
The back was a poly/cotton blend (I think.) It was kinda silky, but quilted nicely.
January color for the RSC14 is blue. Inspired by another RSC14 challenger, Cathy, I made this blue girl block. (Kite strings and flower stem are not sewn on yet.)
I'm still debating if I will join the Star Light Star Bright QA at Melissa's blog Happy Quilting. It's almost too hard to pass up. Melissa Cory's QA's are a lot of fun and did you see the list of Prize$? What an awesome list. I'm sure I will join in during the next week or two. Here instructions are so doable and well explained. Here's a pic from Happy Quilting Blog of how the quilt will look.
I started working on the custom baby quilt with the name "Genevieve" on it for a customer. Paper letters are printed, fabrics are selected. Here's the name, but the birds need to be bigger.
Here's another charity quilt that I worked on this week for the LQG. I found some fabric four the binding that looks like flags on a sailboat. I'll put the binding on today or tomorrow. These blocks are pretty neat. It looked like someone won them or was the queen bee. Most of the blocks have a signature and location (such as Florida or California.) Most of the blocks are dated 1992. I'm glad that I did swirls on it instead of custom quilting for each block. The swirls look nice and give it lots of motion like waves and wind.
Here's a close-up shot of the back. It's not that blue, it's just that there's not much sun for photos.
Oh dear, what have I done? I took a finished charity quilt to our LQG. I got FIVE more to do!!! One was the little Precious Moments quilt that is already finished in the above photos. Yikes. It's all for charity. Three of these should go quite quickly, since they are baby quilts. I will be quilting all of them with Circle Lord swirls... This week I already made all but one back for them. Here's the stack. (I'll show the complete quilts as I finish them.) There goes my WIP count up again.
Here's one of the quilts in the photo. I think it's pretty. I'm not sure what color thread to use for the longarm quilting. If you have any ideas, shout them out! The back is the dragonfly fabric above.
1. Baby Name Quilt (Genevieve) custom quilt for a customer
2. Alphabet Panel #2 for LQG
3. Alphabet Panel #1 for LQG
4. Sue's Solids String Quilt for LQG (photo later in this post)
5. Sue's Purple String Quilt for LQG
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Herringbone OSU quilt
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Received blocks this week 12.2.133. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery (Still working on chevrons; others done).
8. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM (January done)
9. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA (January blocks done)
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block done)
11. Love Laugh Quilt 2014 Christmas QA (January blocks complete)
12. Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block complete)
13. Gypsy Wife QA
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13. Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
14. Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6. Tall Fly
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2. Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
Ready to longarm
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. 2nd Split Decision baby quilt
3. Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4 LQG 2" scrappy squares (on the frame)
5 Happy Quilting Star Surround QA
Quilted, needs binding
1 LQG Ship charity quilt (putting the binding on today)
2 LQG pastel squares charity quilt (expect a Friday Finish)
Completed this week:
2. Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM Quilt
3. Animal Baby Panel for LQG (Precious Moments)
This moves my WIP count at 44 to 47. Now that I longarm, I am confident that I will still get them done. Better get quilting... My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!