Beth at Love Laugh Quilt blog is having a Christmas QA for 2014. It looks like some improve blocks. This QA comes out the first Monday of each month. Come and join us. Aren't these two trees cute? As Sophie says, "Black and white goes with anything."
Erin, at Sew at Home Mummy is hosting the Classic Meets Modern BOM that also started in January, 2014. Surprise... I joined that one as well. We are trying to put a modern spin on classic blocks. This month we did the bear claw block. Here's mine:
How could I pass up this QA when my Bestie, Julianne, sent me a surprise bundle of fabrics in the mail? Look at the yummy fabrics she got me. Thanks, Jules!!! You are the best.
Solids (I just happen to lay them on this simple print and it totally worked for me).
And these yummy
chevron ahem... houndstooth prints are also from Julianne!
I finished the hand-pieced Irish Chain quilt for our LQG.
I worked on some of my Celtic Solstice blocks for the Bonnie Huntery Mystery quilt.
I finished my six chevron blocks for the January Block Lotto.
I made one blue block for the Picadilly Circle Quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014.
Goals were set for Q1 2014 Finish Along, 2014 NewFO Challenge, and 2014 Lovely Year of Finishes.
Fresh, yummy fabrics were selected for the baby name quilt that I hope to have done in February.
I gathered all my red/white orphan blocks and decided to make a tablecloth for February.
New Projects This Week
1. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA (January blocks done)
2. Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block done)
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Herringbone OSU quilt
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Received blocks this week 12.2.13
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle (actually made a block this week for the RSC2014 block)
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery (Still working on chevrons; others done).
8. Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM (January done)
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red/White Flower Basket Quilt (From 2011, I actually worked on this one this week!)
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won) (Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)(Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1. Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2. Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
Ready to longarm
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. 2nd Split Decision baby quilt
3. Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4. LQG Ship charity quilt
5. Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM Quilt
6. LQG pastel squares charity quilt
7. LQG 2" scrappy squares
8. Happy Quilting Star Surround QA
1. Giant Starburst QA (on the frame)
Completed this week:
1. Hand Pieced Irish Chain -- Charity quilt for LQG.
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!