Saturday, September 2, 2023

Yellow Tree of Life

It took me a while to make this block today.  It's called Tree of Life.  


The pieces were quickly cut using the Accuquilt BOB (block on board) die.  I got this die for Christmas last year and I thought it was finally time to use it.  The block measures 14.5" (14" finished).  The reason why it took me so long to sew it was that I was interrupted by a sick kid.  Because it is a holiday weekend, I took him to our local stat care waited a few hours to get him a z-pack for a sinus infection.  I just didn't want him to suffer all weekend.  He's been coughing since Wednesday afternoon.

Back to the Tree of Life block...  I'm not sure how many I will make.  I'm not sure of how I will set them.  Time will tell.  I do like this block.  I put a picture of the process/layout below so that I can remember how to sew them together to make it quicker and easier next time I make one.  I also need to remind myself that I pushed the needle adjustment four times (right side) to get the 1.0 setting for the seam allowance to get that nice 1/4" seam.  If I don't record this somewhere I will forget if I pushed the button four or five times and my blocks will come out different sizes.  We definitely don't want that.


Here's another fun fact... so do you want to know why I used black for the tree trunk?  


It's because I found this piece in this size.  Accuquilt really helps me best utilize my scraps!

I'm linking up with the RSC23 for today (even though we were supposed to move on to teal this month.)

Grab button for SoScrappy


8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Your block turned out great! I've been wanting to attempt this into all greens one of these days

Jenny said...

Lovely block, but so many pieces.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Great block! The trees will make an awesome quilt, happy stitching! Hope your son is feeling better now.

Star said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge

Sara said...

That is really a beautiful block.

sue s said...

Very nice block. I've started making a tree of life quilt too- with an intentional fall theme. So far I have a red one and an orange one. Like you, I have no further plans but am taking each one slowly. Everything you say about recording it is true too!Good luck!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! That is QUITE the involved block, Kathy. Smart thinking to leave yourself some notes on the process!

Anonymous said...

jordan outlet
off white t shirt
jordan shoes
golden goose
kyrie shoes
bape
golden goose
supreme clothing
palm angels
goyard outlet