Saturday, August 26, 2023

Finished Quilting

 I finished the longarm quilting on my 91 year-old friend's quilt.  It's all party on the front and business in the back (unlike some of my favorite 80's hairstyles...)


Above is a photo of the quilting.  


The finished product.  Whew... Glad that gently-used yellow sheet was long enough.  That was close.


Using the yellow sheet as an excuse to post with my friends at RSC23 and to say hi!  I'm not 100% thrilled how I didn't hold the nice radius turns in this design.  I'm pretty sure I had the wrong stylus now that I look at the wiggly lines.  It is not really noticeable fron the front with the scrappy strips.

Grab button for SoScrappy


10 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I think it looks great and your friend will be pleased that her quilt is quilted!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW good to see you in today's Link Party, Kathy!! Glad that old YELLOW sheet reminded you of your RSC Quilter friends. You have more than one stylus for your system? I'd like the hear more about that. Hoping you to see you again soon!

Gretchen Weaver said...

A finish is a finish, your friend is going to be so pleased! Remember, finished is better than perfect!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It has a great texture. Once it is washed, no one will see the turning radius.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Every quilt is a learning opportunity. Looks great to me.

Jenny said...

How wonderful to have a 91 year old friend who is still quilting. I'm sure she has plenty of stories about her quilting years. So nice go see you pop up again on RSC, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

It's so good to have you back to blogging. Betty the quilter

Sara said...

That's a striking modern looking stitching design. I like it. I'm sure your friend will be quite pleased.

patty a. said...

I am sure your friend will be thrilled that the quilt is almost done. Do you have to bind it?

Anonymous said...

yeezy boost 350
kobe shoes
fear of god outlet
kd 15
off white hoodie
nike sb dunk high
off white outlet
golden goose shoes
off white
fear of god essentials hoodie