Saturday, May 7, 2022

RSC22 -- Green HST

This week I made a few green HST for my Rainbow HST quilt.  These are 3.5" HST blocks.


I also finished all the 71 pink rail fence blocks that were sitting half-done by my sewing machine.  These are also 3.5" blocks.  I need about 900 of them for a big quilt.


I added a green border and a mint green backing to my Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter mystery) quilt and finished it this week.  It really wasn't an RSC project, but I just wanted to show it off again.  Look at all those green scraps used.  Read all about it here.



Our son went to a fun dance last night.  His "date" and him have been friends since they were two years old.  It's so much fun watching them blossom.


I love this photo


Here he is at the golf course down the street from our house.  We would have done the photos there, but it poured rain most of the day and we didn't know it would be just drizzling when it was time for photos.


We also stopped at the local orchard:


I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.  It's a rainy day here in Ohio too.

IMAGE NAME

13 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun pictures of your son and his date all dressed up for the dance, Kathy! I love your Good Fortune quilt, too. Congratulations on the finish!

scraphappy said...

What sweet photos before the dance. So nice that kids are getting to enjoy all of the rights of passage again. Thanks for showing off your finished mystery quilt. Seeing completed projects is always inspiring.

Sara said...

I always love seeing teens are dressed up for proms and spring dances. Their smiles say it all, right? Bet they had a wonderful time.

Congrats on the finished quilt this week!

karenbbsnow said...

They look so happy, love those smiles. You have some cute projects on the go.

My sister lives in Ohio, weve missed going there the last 2 years, hopefully we can get there this summer as border crossing is easing up with all the Covid requirements.

Mari said...

What a handsome guy! Hope they had a great time. Great finish on the Bonnie Hunter quilt, too. So many pieces! But worth it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just can't believe how much he has grown. Wow. And now a date and a dance. The truck looks like a character from a story. That certainly doesn't mean that you are older, right?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your Good Fortune is a real beauty, Kathy. Loved seeing your son and friend having a fun night. They are growing up!!

Preeti said...

Good Fortune is gorgeous. But the smiles really stole my heart - picture perfect!!!

Jenny said...

I'm sure I read that correctly, 900 blocks, gulp! But I'm sure you are part way there already? Wonderful finish on the mystery quilt, I started one of Bonnie's patterns on year, but then stopped,too many tiny pieces for me to deal with. Your son and his friend look very grown up, going to dances is always such fun.

grammajudyb said...

He is becoming such a handsome young man! And his best girl is a cutie! I love wrist corsages!
I , too, like your good fortune quilt! So pretty! . I have En Provence that needs to be quilted. Then binding added of course! I should get it to a quilter soon!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Prom season! What great pictures, the kids are darling. My grandson is going tonight with his friends. I was whining (in my head) about having to make 64 small blocks for a baby quilt, but it's not 900! Beautiful finish on the Good Fortune quilt, congratulations!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on finishing Good Fortune. I love it. Congratulations on making these intricate borders too. I didn't. Mine is half quilted. I will get back to it as soon as I finish my MIL's table runner. Owen has turned into a handsome young man. So lovely to see him with his date all ready to party. Congratulations to the grads! happy mothers' day! ;^)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Boy have you been busy. 900 3.5" blocks for a quilt. Sounds daunting, but you are well on your way. Your son and date make quite the couple. They look so happy and proud.