Friday, June 5, 2020

Jelly Roll Rug Prep

I've had a Jelly Roll Rug on my WIP list for a long time.  I decided that it would be fun to start one in the RSC20 colors and see where it goes.  I have a plan for that 30 gallon tote of Warm & Natural batting.  I iron the batting and run it through my cutting die.  I am altering the pattern a little bit.  The pattern calls for a different width, but I have an idea to try.  I'll let you know if it works.


Now that I have my new-to-me table that is huge, my inspiration for projects is just flowing.  I decided to take all of my Accuquilt strip dies and cutter and store them in the longarm room.  Eventually all of the dies will be there (with all of the scraps.)

My other thought that is after I finish longarming one of my quilts and trim it on the big table, I will go to my scrap bins and pick out a binding.  I'll be able to match the binding colors while I am there and cut them with the cutters!  Look at me being productive!

1 comment:

patty a. said...

It's amazing how that table is changing your process! It sounds like it is making your life easier and more productive. Who knew!