Friday, February 14, 2020

Finally -- A Friday Finish -- Catchin' Some Rays

Here's my first quilt finish for 2020.  The quilt is called Catchin' Some Rays.  Happy Valentine's Day!


All of the fabrics were from my stash.  We got a fresh 4" or so of snow on Wednesday night.
I haven't done a one-fabric back lately.  I liked this pink print for it.  This quilt is quite girly.


Here's a close-up of the double bubble quilting design.  I really like the texture of this quilting.


The pattern was designed by Barbara Jones.  I swapped out the applique flowers that Barbara suggested and replaced them with EPP hexagon flowers because I wanted to learn how to make hexie flowers.  The original pattern can be found in McCall's Quilting January/February 2013 issue.

I'll be linking up at Elm Street Quilts later this month.  It was my February OMG (one main goal) to finish this quilt.



4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a sweet Valentine's Day finish post!!! What a lovely quilt, Kathy.

djquilting said...

Happy quilt. I love the quilting.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

that quilt is so (sew) sweet! Congrats on the finish.

Unknown said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

More than 160,000 women and men are utilizing a simple and secret "water hack" to burn 2lbs each night in their sleep.

It is easy and works with everybody.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Grab a clear glass and fill it up half full

2) Proceed to use this strange hack

and you'll be 2lbs skinnier the very next day!