Sunday, January 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching 1.12.20

I started the stitching on my 2020 Mystery SAL (Stitch Along).  I have decided to go with all blue floss this year on oatmeal colored Aida cloth.  You can find the free monthly stitch along patterns at Linen & Threads here. I started stitching in Aquatic Biology class like this:


It was exam week.  I had to keep my eye on the students closely.  I kept on stitching...

I realized when I got to math class the next day that I had too many stitches in some of the rows.  Glad I noticed it at this point.  So much for multi-tasking...  You can see where I ripped out my stitches and started stitching again.  I know that very first section has a few extra stitches in it, but I'm leaving it as it is.  I don't think it will be obvious in the grand finale.


In Business class by Friday I was back on track.  I got to start to stitch the butterfly.  I have a BA in business.  I easily finished the class assignment of banking terms in the crossword puzzle to be able to help the students.  Almost all of the stock terms could be found on Google.  Happy stitching!


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Grab a cup of tea and come join the fun.

Slow Sunday Stitching

9 comments:

CathieJ said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I am sorry that you had to rip out so many stitches. That seems to be going around. Glad you are on track now.

Sarah said...

I like your colour choices very much. My daughter has started this years challenge too and I'm trying to resist! Let's see how long I last!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I love Quaker Samplers, but I'm trying hard to resist starting another project... Yours will be lovely in blues.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your color choices!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I am finding I really need to pay attention as I cross stitch. It's been a while since I have done any. It's so easy to get off!

Kim said...

Loving the pretty blue thread and the design thus far. It is easy to get distracted when cross stitching. Enjoy your week.

Denise :) said...

Wow, your stitching is really beautiful!! I'm getting ready to start a cross stitch SAL...can't wait! :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Kathy!!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is looking fabulous! I love how you combine two important things at once... stitching and teaching!