Monday, January 20, 2020

Binding Time

There was no school today due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.  Sounds like sewing machine time for me!  I'm working on adding the binding to my OMG quilt for January.  I hope to get it finished before the end of the month. I love this pink polka dot fabric for the binding.


...yes, the Christmas lights are STILL up outside.  That's my husband's job.  It's always my Valentine's gift to take the outside decorations down.  LOL.  All of the inside decorations (my job) was done before New Years Day!

This quilt is called Catchin' Some Rays.  This is what it looks like before the binding:


Catchin' Some Rays was designed by Barbara Jones.  It measures approximately 52.5" x 72.5".  Except for replacing the applique flowers with EPP hexagon flowers, the pattern is as designed.  This is my first EPP hexie project while participating in Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  The pattern can be found in McCall's Quilting January/February 2013 issue.


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW... If you stitched the binding to the back, does that mean you are stitching it down by machine???