Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October OMG Project

I still didn't get the binding put on the December Scrappy Stars (Block Lotto) crib quilt.  It sat on my desk for a long time.  Here's what it looked like for about a month... sitting on my desk (which I did clean -- woohoo!)  It seems to be my catch all spot .

There was no rush for me to get this project done yet.  I don't have any baby showers that need gifts right now.  Schools need subs all the time now.  I'm working an average of four school days a week.  That definitely keeps me busy.

I have the binding sewn on it.  Only one corner is pinned.  I'm setting it as a goal to finish it this month to get it out of my way.  It should be an easier goal to achieve for me this month.  I'm back to work now that school is in session.  It will be busy busy for me!


I should be embarrassed to post this picture of my mess, but I know many quilters have something like this in their home.  It's reality for me.


Here's a picture of it quilted and trimmed.



I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for OMG!

6 comments:

patty a. said...

I know how hard it is to get sewing done when you work outside the home. Then you have your son and husband that need taken care of also, so things like piles of paperwork just sit. That is a good job when you have a snow day!

Julierose said...

I love hour scrappy stars--beautiful work on this hugs, Julierose

Lisa J. said...

Sounds like a good goal now for this busy time period. My sewing room is a mess more often than not! right now I've got a big group project on the design wall so I can get parts together for others to sew on Saturday (requires some measurements). All the things that are normally in front of the design wall are out in the middle of the room.
It's a small space. oh well.

Lynette said...

You Scrappy Stars is beautiful - I really love the way the colors are working in this. And yep! My "quilting parlor" is all kinds of crazy messy. :)

Danice G said...

Beautiful Scrappy Stars. Yeah, I need to clean up my sewing area as well...

Patty said...

Happy binding! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.