Friday, November 23, 2018

A Customer Quilt Friday Finish

Here's another Friday Finish to add to my happy run.  I'm still playing on where to place the clothesline so that I can get a nice outdoor shot of quilts and quilt tops.  With all these finishes I feel I can allow myself to start the Bonnie Hunter mystery, Good Fortune, today!

 
I quilted it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Cosmos.  Love the texture of this pattern.  It gives a romantic floral feel.  I like how it matches the flowers on the quilt back.

 
I haven't been able to find a spot to hang my clothesline high enough to get the whole quilt in view.

 
Here's a good pic of the border that you can see the Cosmos design.
This is my most time-consuming giant template board.



My sister-in-law cuts my hair for me.  She is awesome!  Sometimes I give her challenges.  When I'm walking around the longarm frame I have an old antique mirror.  Sometimes my bangs fall into my eyes.  I told her it's a "trigger" point for me.  Luckily I have my super sharp sewing scissors to take care of that.  This time I snipped different lengths off of a few locks.  Then I snipped a few more.  I'm not a high-fashion, things gotta be perfect person.  It will all work out in the end.  :)

 
Often times this customer gives me diagrams of the quilt front and back and any little notes.  I LOVE this about the customer.  She's an awesome quilter.  It also helps that me because I don't quilt her quilts right away.  Sometimes they sit in "que" for months.  It helps us both remember what needs done and which way the quilt goes and if she has any specific requests.


 
I'm excited that this is my eighth finish in eight weeks!  Woohoo!!!
 
I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for the Finished or Not Friday linky party.
 
Check out Myra's patterns that are 50% off for Black Friday!
 
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
 
I'm linking up at Alycia Quilts for TGIF Friday!!!!
 
 
Linking up with Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
 

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice pairing of quilting with the quilt. Eighth finish is 8 weeks??? Cha-Ching!!!