Sunday, October 21, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching


 More stitches were made this week.  You can see I was working in the Suburban in the dark parking lot while waiting for work to start.  I had plenty of light...it just doesn't look like it in this picture.

 
Loved this classroom!  It was a great place to finish this flower.  I did not get it stitched to the block. 
Look at the fun array of pencils and pens and markers and highlighters -- typical teacher desk.
 
I made progress on finishing one of my projects.  This may be one of my oldest WIPS!  I started it when I was in high school.  I bought this kit when I worked at Gold Circle (such a great store in it's day.)  That was back in 1982!!!  Yes, a 36 year old WIP! 


 I completed most of the cross stitch in 1982 and 1983 on and off while waiting to go to work.  I LOVE how detailed my work was back then.  These stitches are tiny.  It says, "A friend is someone who knows you are not perfect, but treats you as if you were."
 
I remember that this had a plastic heart-shaped frame.  I didn't care much for the frame.  I probably still have it somewhere.  I am going to make it a mini quilt and hang it on the wall...eventually.



This week I have another appointment at the service shop to repair a warranty item.  I should have a few hours to stitch.  Hopefully I'll finish the last flower in the set.

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.
Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your hexie flowers look so nice. Your cross stitched sampler is lovely, will make a nice wall hanging.

Birthe Marie said...

Your hexagon flowers are so lovely.
I like your old stitchery. It's a wonderful text and a beautiful embroidery that will be nice to use for a mini quilt. :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

A lovely cross stitch!
Such a fun photo taken on the teacher's desk!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Amazing age for a WIP...good for you! As a retired teacher loved seeing that desk...yes, so typical.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Congrats on your finish! It has such a great message so nice that you can finally enjoy it!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have a quilt started over 30 years ago and never finished . Good for you for finishing your wip

Kim said...

I think we all have unfinished pretties hiding away from many years back. Your cross stitch is very sweet. Loving your hexie flowers.